Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ten Random Things About Me

This is "bonus" Learn and Play. Some of you may already know these things:

1)My favorite color is blue. Ireally don't like pink that much (it was my sister's favorite color)

2)I was a valedictorian at Watterson High, but never got any public credit for it.

3) I took 4 years of Latin, and traveled to Greece and Italy with my teacher, and some classmates.

4)I have also been to Russia, with the Columbus Children's choir. We took a "cruise" down the Volga river, stopping at towns to sing along the way. I got carbon monoxide poisoning on a bus in Moscow.

5) My favorite place in America is the Adirondaks in New York. I have completed a 30 mile backpack trip, a 50 mile canoe trip, and a 50 mile backpack trip (with mountains). These were all planned by my grandfather, who continued to summer there well into his 80's and was a certified scout guide there.

6)I sang, but never learned to read music or play an instrument beyond basic recorder.

7)I have played djembe at a live show in a Columbus bar.

8)I originally wanted to be an architect. I took a tour of the in-construction OSU Horseshoe and have "blueprints" from the trip.

9)I invented the "magna broom" to pick up magnetic objects for a scince fair. I never patented it, and now they can be found at many hardware stores. I missed out!

10)I taught myself to balance and roll on a barrel. I could roll forwards, backwards, and turn the barrel. I can also do a headstand with my legs bent in the lotus position so i look like a seal.

No comments: