Saturday, November 22, 2008

Not MOLDI at All!

I have looked at our digital collection before, but mostly for the movies. There are a few interesting ones, but they are not current films, so may have less of an interest to the general public. I am pretty impressed with the audiobooks though. I looked up "Twilight", a popular teen book (and now movie), and MOLDI did have the 3 books in the series on their site. There is quite a waiting list, which means that it is being used, but also there might not be enough copies. I also saw that it checked out for 14 days, which means you would want to listen to it right away. Downloading only one at a time would be the best way to go. I only occasionally listen to audiobooks, since I don't drive much, and the bus is often too loud to hear them well. I think it is a great program though, and sure to grow. Many cars manufactured now have an AV jack that allows you to plug your MP3 player directly into the stereo. This makes listening to downloaded books in your car very easy. Maybe I could listen to them while exercising? Anyway, I'm glad that we are leading the way on providing our customers with these types of products.

No comments: