Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm a library Geek

I can't help it. i love the library. I find myself saying (almost) every day: "You should get that at the library", or "I picked that up from the library". I heard someone talking about how she love the library and was going to spend her birthday there, and she was not being sarcastic at all. It made me smile. So when I was encouraged to find a library related podcast, I just had to pick Library Geeks as my podcast to follow. I have not really had time to give it a thorough look over, but i am geeky about libraries, so it must be up my alley. Speaking of, i used Podcast Alley to find this podcast. I like the browse feature, and how the listings expand to give a brief explanation about the cast. Then you can click to add it and get more info before you commit. Many of the library casts seem very specific to their system, which is fine, but not necessarily interesting to me. It makes sense to have a podcast on upcoming events, new items, and upcoming technology that your patrons would be interested in. I will have to explore more to see if i can get into pod casts. I usually prefer to read. Imagine that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, what a Geek! :)