Friday, August 29, 2008

Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend


I just picked up a new sewing machine. It is slightly different than the 30 year old machine I used as a kid. This baby has a full color touch screen that is also used in BMW's. It can embroider whole t-shirts or dresses, or even leather jackets. It has a special system that senses the fabric and adjusts the pressure as it sews it, to give perfect stitches. The presser foot automatically goes up and down as needed. It ties knots off at the beginning and ends of the threads, and cuts the threads at the end. It has a built in computer that lets you adjust and embroidery, add things to it, and align it with your fabric. Sewing machines have come a long way, and I can't wait to show off my handiwork.

3 comments:

Bindu said...

Well I have been looking for a good embroidery machine too. I am glad you found one you are very happy with. Well I am looking for one which can let me make my own designs. I want to buy one where I just trace my design and do the embroidery my self as making designs with templates limits my creativity.

Bindu said...

I had a similar kinda machine(the one I want to buy) back in India. But here you donot find that simple version of embroidery machine. So if yor are aware of that type of machine than pls let me know as you have so much information about Embroidery machines.

Laura said...

I have not seen anything like what you are describing. There is computer software available that allows you to create a design, and then embroider using the machine. That does sound very convenient though. Let me know if you do find one like that is the states.